Picture courtesy:
http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photos/polar-obsession-photos/#/ivory-gull_13712_600x450.jpg

Monday, November 28, 2011

Words

When you speak,I listen.
My ears don't just pick up the words,
they try to register the underlying thoughts.
My mind gets alert
the moment I hear you speak;
looking for signs of the internal patterns:
hidden, un revealed patterns of thoughts, feelings,
motives,or intentions.

Many a time I feel disappointed
as I find the wrong combinations.
Words, verbal expressions of thoughts and feelings
generated in the goldmine of the heart,
often prove themselves to have origins elsewhere,
prompting one to regard them as mere noises;
empty, hollow, meaning nothing,
not to be regarded seriously,
as they ought to be.

Are words thus to be squandered?
Are they to be treated with such irreverence?

No comments: